Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wine Tasting at Childcare Center?

My parents just departed after a three day visit. It was fun to see them but I'm always ready for some downtime after a visit. Nothing much has been happening for me on the fertility front. I started bleeding again last weekend but it's stopped again. And, my Dr's aren't concerned. I think I may be ovulating (or close to it) because seeing some cervical mucous. I never thought I'd be so excited about it....but I am. I just want to get back to normal.

A group of friends from work invited me to a wine tasting at a childcare place. The idea is that they take care of your kids and while you do a wine tasting. My friends (who don't know about my IF) wrote - "even though you don't have kids we wanted to invite you. and, to incentivize you, you can get a discount. You're lucky you don't have to pay for childcare!". While this was a nice gesture, there are so many things about it that piss me off. Obviously, the biggest is that I don't have a kid and don't "fit in". Also, I have this "big secret" from them, and so I can't even blame them for their insensitive comments, but I'm still hurt be them. And, I am not even remotely interested in going! If I want to drink wine I'm going to go to a BAR not a childcare center!! I'm sure they'll just talk about their kids the whole time anyway. So, I lied and said I had plans.

On another note, I hurt my foot/ankle a couple weeks ago and have put marathon training on hold. That blows. I am going to get it checked out this week.

Despite all the venting above, life is pretty good. I'm still in a pretty good spot mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment