Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Marley & Me Commentary

I watched Marley & Me the other night. I thought it would be a touching and feel good movie about a dog. It sort of was. [Don't read on if you haven't seen the movie]. And, I was actually feeling good about the movie industry when the couple's first pregnancy ends in miscarriage. It was at least a little more of dose of reality than most movies where it takes once try to get pregnant and the pregnancy is easy as can be. But, after the does of reality, Jennifer Anniston knocks out three kids back to back...including one "whoops" So, in the end, the movie kind of depressed me because it was a view of "normal" life that just isn't happening for me. Oh well. At least the dog was cute. And, there life looked kind of painful at times anyway. And, I like my husband more than Owen Wilson :)

Nothing exciting to report on the fertility front. I think I'm entering the latter half of my cycle and hope to start trying again (naturally) next month!

3 comments:

  1. I have very mixed feelings about this movie as well. My husband and I read the book together long before our IF journey, and then saw the movie about a year into ttc. It felt somewhat vindicating that they kept the m/c in the movie plot. But at the same time, the trailors highlighted the movie as this lighthearted squishy family filck. And a good 40% of it is actually about their marital difficulties, and their beloved famly pet dying slowly. I am a big dog lover, and this movie was really painful to watch both IF wise and as a dog owner...

    But I loved the book, and I feel a loyalty towards the story itself, if that makes any sense. I guess the more I think about it the better I feel about never recommending this movie to anyone, lol. And I will never make any effort to see it again either.

    Hoping that time flies in between now and your next cycle. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot! I was feeling the same thing when I watched that movie. Kinda feeling good about her miscarriage and then she pops out 3 babies. Not that anyone should feel happy about someone else's loss, but you know what I mean. I would like to see a movie about infertility that does not end with a pregnancy. Then I would feel normal. Know of any? ((I sobbed my eyes out at the end))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That whole movie made me cry like an idiot, and I don't even like dogs! I did have similar feelings about the whole miscarriage/kids thing, but I'm just happy that Hollywood talked about it at all!

    ReplyDelete