Saturday, November 7, 2009

TWW - Finally

I've been MIA because I was in New York all last week. It was a good visit but I'm glad to be back on the west coast.

I think I am close to ovulating so I'll be starting my TWW journey pretty soon. I'm excited to finally be at this point for the first time since June (b/c then I got pregnant and miscarried and then accidentally got pregnant (?!) and miscarried again). But, I'm also dreading all the insane thoughts that will soon invade my head as I wait for the news. I'm not that hopeful, but a little hope goes a long way!

I've been thinking a bit more about getting a second opinion (per my last blog). I was going to wait until January to think about this but I think I'll get the ball rolling sooner. It could take awhile to get in to see some Dr's. I am close to ruling out doing IVF with a RE that is out of state. It just seems like too much time and logistical difficulty. I can't imagine dealing with any more stress than already exists. And, I'd need to use at least a week of my vacation.....This may seem like messed up priorities, but I'd rather save my vacation for a real vacation, not a week of medical procedures and bedrest. I have found the vacations I've taken over the last few years ESSENTIAL in the midst of all this crap, and just don't want to give them up. Plus, in the bay area, there are several excellent clinics so I don't feel like I'd be giving up much, if anything.

On a somewhat humorous note, when I logged into Amazon the other day, it showed my "recommended" items for purchase. One of them was a package of 50 ovulation pee-sticks. Thanks, Amazon, as if it wasn't obvious to me that I need a lot of help.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I missed this...where in NY were you, if you don't mind my asking? Did you have any fun?

    I'm glad your cycle is back in gear. I can relate to your pg/mc/pg/mc and all those thoughts that go through your head. ((HUGS)) I definitely agree that vacations are an essential part of all this crap!! We went away three times this summer!

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we'll get to endure the tww together.

    I hope this turns out to be a great month for both of us. And you're right, there are tons of great doctors in this area. We're really lucky to have a selection to choose from. I'm not sure where you're at but hear CCRM is considered the big guns. But I hope you never need them.

    Crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete