Monday, September 14, 2009

Yosemite & More Delays

I've been a bad blogger. But, I have a pretty good excuse. I spilled water all over my keyboard and it died. Then, it took me almost a week to get a new one. Then, I got busy with work and went out of town for four days. But, now I'm back.

This past weekend was another lovely one. We were at a wedding in breathtakingly beautiful Yosemite. We did some running and hiking in between the various wedding events. The personal vows were heartfelt, funny and endearing. I love weddings.

On the fertility front, I am getting very pissed off at my body. I started my period (or at least I thought I did) two weeks ago. It was super light for awhile and then it picked up on day 5 or so, with cramps and more bleeding. Then, it started tapering off again but this weekend it picked up AGAIN. So today is day 14 of bleeding. And, the last two night the cramping has woken me up in the middle of the night and kept me up for an hour or so. I am wondering if there was still tissue left over from the last pregnancy but I had an U/S a month or so ago and they said there wasn't. I did some midnight googling last night and found others with similar experiences so maybe this is nothing to worry about. I think I will call my Dr. if the bleeding continues much longer. But, I doubt they'll have anything to say. I was originally thinking that we would try naturally this cycle but now success seems highly unlikely. First, I don't know WTF my body is doing. And, I don't think it's be worth trying OPK's because who knows when it will happen. Normally it would be around know but I'm still having bleeding and cramping so who knows. Anyway, we'll still go for it, but I feel like more and more time is flying by without any forward movement.

The upside of having a messed up body is that mentally I'm still doing fairy well. I'm not waiting on pins and needles to find out if I'm pregnant. And, I'm not under medical supervision. I like that part.

3 comments:

  1. I had a friend who had the same issues with bleeding after a m/c. Her doctor ended up putting her on birth control for a month. That was a while ago though. Not sure if that is still standard procedure.

    I hope things clear up soon so that you can move ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I just noticed you're a local!

    How did I miss that before??? I met up with another local blogger for lunch a few weeks ago. It was so nice to meet her and chat with someone who "knows". If you're ever interested in getting together you can email me. Bloggyme027@gmail.com

    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say thank you so much for your kind post on my blog, it's wonderful to have words of support. Thank you!!!

    infertility sucks, and as you know it helps to have others there who are going through the same thing to talk to and lend support.

    ReplyDelete