Sunday, September 20, 2009

Positive & Pissed

I finally "broke down" and contacted my Dr. about the fact that my "period" is weird and never ending this month. I had been thinking my body just needed to work through this and then everything would be fine. When I told him about the bleeding and cramping he said it is not normal and wants me to come in for an ultrasound. First, he had me get an HCG test. And, it was FUCKING POSITIVE (160). Are you kidding me? It's so hard for me to get this hormone activated in my body and now it's been lingering around for 2 months post miscarriage, confusing my system. I knew I should have had the test taken sooner but Dr. didn't prescribe it and who really wants to get blood drawn to see that you're not pregnant. I do that enough when I'm actually trying to get pregnant. Oh - and in case there's any doubt, it's not possible I'm pregnant because I haven't had sex in ages given this neverending bleeding. Gotta love that too.

I think I should have had a D&C instead of taking misoprostol. I reacted better when I had the D&C - it just hurt too much. God forbid that I have a third miscarriage but I would choose D&C under sedation.

Anyway, I don't yet know what the next steps are. I'll find out today or tomorrow. What I do know is that this is causing more delays. More months of waiting to even try.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I'm so sorry. As if you haven't been through enough already, what a brutal constant reminder. I hope you can work out a good plan with your Doctor.

    Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete