Friday, July 31, 2009

TGIF

Phew - made it through another week. And, I have a five day weekend ahead of me. I'll be wine tasting tomorrow, biking Sunday and hanging out with my friend in San Diego (and her one month old adorable baby) on Monday through Wednesday. Wine, sun, surf, etc.... I need it.

I had an email exchange with my RE this week that was rather disconcerting. I told him that my leaning was to try naturally for a few months to see if it will work again. The good news is he agreed. The bad news is he said "I honestly do not know if we will have more success with IVF or IUI". Now, that is a downer. Basically, he's almost giving up on being able to help us. I guess I already knew that we were nearing the end of the IVF road. And, part of me is glad that there is an end to that road. But, it's scary.

What percentage of people can't be helped after two years of aggressive treatments? I am feeling in the minority here. I know there are many people who are in worse situations than me, but a whole bunch of people seem to "beat" IF. As I'm entering this blog world, I've been searching around different infertility blogs and so many of you are pregnant. That is so amazing and I certainly wouldn't wish my experience on anyone, but I feel like I'm joining a more an more "elite" club (as if it's a good thing).

Anyway, again, I'm so happy it's the weekend and I have been feeling relatively good overall. I've only broken down in tears a couple times this week. I'm still spotting which is annoying (go away!!). But, all in all, I'm dealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment