Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Here I Am

Where do I start?

Yesterday, at my 7-week ultrasound, I found out that I will miscarry any day now. This will be my second miscarriage in my 3+ year struggle to get pregnant. I am heartbroken and in disbelief about how hard this process is and has been.

Over the years, I have accumulated quite a bit of "baggage" related to infertility and pregnancy. I think I've done ok at keeping things in perspective and not letting the process rule my life. At the same time, the frustration, sadness and bitterness are sometimes overwhelming. And, the experience has left me feeling isolated from most of my "more fertile" friends.

I hope that this blog helps me crystallize and release some of my thoughts and connects me to others in similar predicaments. I know I am not really alone in this. I have lots of ideas running around in my head about topics to write about. And, I want to share my full history. So, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment