Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Saying Hello

Yes, I've still been pretty M.I.A. from blogging. I've been a sparse commenter and didn't even sign up for ICLW this month because I'll be out of town for most of the commenting time. But, know that I'm thinking of you all.

AF unexpectedly arrived today - 3 days early and w/o cramps. So, clomid + IUI here we come. I don't know how I'm feeling about our prospects. It's hard to hope, but of course it's there. Even though I've been doing a pretty good job of not obsessing about IF this past month, it hasn't been easy. My husband has been really down and angry, and it's been tough. I really hope he can come out of it and return to being "my rock". Work has been really stressful too. Breathing deeply....

On the bright side, I recently had my first real-world contact with a fellow blogger. Melissa at Banking on It is just awesome, and it was really nice to sit down and vent about all this stuff!

Also, I got two Beautiful Blogger awards thanks to Melissa (just mentioned) and Jessica at Journey to the Center of the Uterus. Thank you!! These women are both incredible and have helped me so much.

So, seven "interesting" things:

1. I just love cheese. I love high-end cheeses like Abbaye de Belloc or a good triple creme, but I also love that cheap orange processed cheese that they put on stadium nachos. Yumm... But, I don't like Brie.

2. I had a cat named Thesis growing up. My parents both have a PhD in Chemistry and when I finally learned what that word meant (i.e. that it wasn't a typical pet name), I realized how nerdy it was.

3. Alice (my profile name) is my middle name .. I'm so stealth! My first name starts with an L...

4. I do not have a green thumb. Please do not send me any plants. I will kill them.

5. I am an only child. More pressure to pass on the genes....

6. I was clinically depressed in high school and borderline suicidal. Even though dealing with IF for years has been hard, I've never approached the darkness I felt then.

7. I'd pick Jack over Sawyer on Lost.

I am not going to pick 7 more people today (REALLY tired right now..) but so love learning more about all of you!

4 comments:

  1. I kill plants, too. It's horrible! And I also love cheese. Sometimes, I think that I could live off of cheese alone. It's really sad.

    Good luck with the upcoming Clomd + IUI cycle. I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Sawyer's too greasy-looking. Even when he showers. Not my type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I feel the same about cheese, but I choked up a little when you said you didn't like brie - that makes me sad... ;)

    3. I like your first name!

    4. I killed EVERY.SINGLE.House warming plant we received within two months of moving in to our house.Ugh.

    It was so nice to have met you, I hope we can do it again very soon! Good luck with this next cycle - I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So as promised I've been thinking of you...

    No pressure to update, just sending you some good vibes.

    =)

    P.S. How was Vancouver? See any hockey?

    ReplyDelete