Monday, August 17, 2009

Exercise - Friend or Foe?

I don't have much to report since I'm on a post-miscarriage "rest". I've been getting back into shape. I did a long run on Saturday and 70-mile bike ride on Sunday. I have a bit of an internal battle with myself about exercise and whether or not it's "good" for me. I know it's mentally great for me. And, the times that I have not exercised in the last few years have not had any good results in terms of pregnancy. In fact, I got pregnant this last time after a month of pretty intense triathlon training and then the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon. So, that made me even less cautious about working out. I don't appear to have any issues with ovulating or cycling normally, and am not too skinny, so I think it's fine. But, of course, since our infertility is unexplained, I'm always wondering if I should lead my life differently. I am signed up for the New York Marathon on Nov. 1. I'm not planning to break any records and plan to walk some of it. I just think it will be a blast to be in the midst of the crowd!! I am a sucker for that stuff. Of course, I really hope I won't be able to do it because I'll be pregnant. But, that is very, very wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment